Canadian Residents Please Read: Canadian Duty, Taxes and Customs Brokers Fees....
All refused delivery Canadian orders are subject to a 30% restocking fee, store credit only and the return shipping and handling charge.
- Canada Customs Duties....because of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Canadians do not have to pay duty on most American and Mexican manufactured items.
- Canadian Taxes.....These taxes are not included at time of purchase and are charged to Canadian residents upon delivery.....
- Just about everything individuals import into Canada is subject to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) of six percent. The GST is calculated after customs duties have been applied.
- You will also have to pay the applicable Canadian Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or Quebec Sales Tax (QST). The provincial retail sales tax rates vary from province to province, as do the goods and services to which the tax is applied and the way the tax is applied.
- In Canadian provinces with a Harmonized Sales Tax (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador), you'll be charged a flat 14 percent, rather than separate GST and PST.
- Customs Brokers Fees... There are no brokerage fees for items being shipped UPS Expedite unless there is a customs problem....
- All courier companies and postal services have to use customs brokers to get packages processed through Canada Customs at the Canadian border. Fees for that service are passed along to all Canadian residents.
- In addition Canadian Post automatically applies a $5.00 processing fee ($8.00 for Priority Post) for each package to clear Canada Customs automatically. Fees for customs broker’s services are the charges that can really catch you by surprise.
Refusal of Delivery for International Orders: All International orders refused by purchaser are subject to non refundable original shipping costs, a 30% restocking fee and all duties and taxes and return shipping fees to The Irish Jewelry Company.